We live in a society that places a high degree of importance on physical appearance. Beauty is commonly defined as a combination of qualities, such as shape, skin color, or form that pleases the aesthetic senses.
True beauty has also commonly been tied to good works. However, people have done good works that were later found to be wicked. Adolph Hitler, Joseph Stalin, and Mao Tse Tung come to mind.
Probably the most famous quote about beauty comes from Margaret Wolfe Hungerford in her book Molly Bawn, in 1878, where she wrote;
“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.”
It’s never been truer! Especially when the fashion and entertainment industry try to shove their idea of beauty down our throats. That quote deters from looking at a physical appearance for God looks at the heart of all people and things. Use these 30 hand-picked quotes to find the real beauty in yourself, others, and what surrounds us.
- “Beauty is a heart motivated by a love of God and a love of our neighbor.” – Unknown
- “We become truly beautiful by becoming like Christ.” – Unknown
- “What it means to be beautiful is when I found my most authentic self, that’s when I truly knew I was beautiful.” – Brely Evans
- “Accepting me, my good, my bad, my indifference, my flores, but loving me in spite of me, that’s beautiful.” – Wendy Raquel Robinson
- “It looks like actions and behaviors of Jesus Christ that are demonstrated by believers who are diligently seeking to become like Christ.” – Dr. Michael Williams
- “Can be summed up in one word, family.” – Malis Family
- “Having fun and expressing myself.” – Journey
- “Beautiful means to be confident, secure, and aware.” – Robin Reed
- “Someone who has gone through a lot in life and they may fall down a bunch of times, but they are determined in there heart to get up, to never ever, ever give up, that to me is beautiful.” – Sophia Luke
- “It was when I was happiest that I longed most. The sweetest thing in all my life has been the longing to find the place where all the beauty came from.” – C.S. Lewis
- “Outward beauty gets the attention, Personality gets the heart.” –
- “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” – Elisabeth Kubler Ross
- My eyes saw your unformed substance (Psalm 139:16).” – The Bible
- “Inner beauty is inside each of us. We are all beautiful in God’s eyes as we are created in the image of God.” – Unknown
- “Sensual pleasures are like soap-bubbles, sparkling, evanescent. The pleasures of intellect are calm, beautiful, sublime, ever enduring and climbing upward to the borders of the unseen world.” – James H. Aughey
- “Beauty is not who you are on the outside, it is the wisdom and time you gave away to save another struggling soul like you.” ’- Shannon L. Alder
- “Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God’s handwriting.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Prayer beautifies you” ’- TemitOpe Ibrahim
- “God crowned you with glory and honor as the pinnacle and final act of the six days of creation.” – Unknown
- “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others.” – Unknown
- “I am the Creator and you are my creation. I breathed into your nostrils the breath of life (Genesis 2:7).”- The Bible
- “I knit you together in your mother’s womb.” (Psalm 139:13) – The Bible
- “Beauty is about being comfortable in your own skin. It’s about knowing and accepting who you are.” – Ellen DeGeneres
- “There is nothing more beautiful than someone who goes out of their way to make life beautiful for others.” ’- Mandy Hale
- “Please girl don’t act beautiful, be beautiful.” – Unknown
- “You are fearfully and wonderfully made.” (Psalm 139:14) – The Bible
- “True beauty is measured by the number of pearls within you, not those around your neck.” – Suzy Kassem
- “A true beauty radiates from the most beautiful feature in the world – the heart.” – Unknown
- “Look to Jesus. Keep your eyes on him. He is the author and perfecter of your faith.” – Unknown
- “Unless you break free from the shackles of beauty as dictated by the media and society, true beauty will be elusive.” – Khang Kijarro Nguyen
Godinterest designs are edgy, contemporary, and made of high-quality soft fabrics. Consider it to be evangelism on the move with each piece boldly proclaiming the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ to the world. We are confident that you will experience a comfortable fit and that the designs we create are on trend. Enjoy Godinterest clothing and accessories that are very affordable as well as being a HostRooster exclusive brand!
… we have a small favour to ask. It is our mission to resource the world with relevant, practical, timely, and helpful content focused on fashion, technology, creativity, and faith. With a small blog that started in September of 2008, we’ve grown, changed, evolved, and become the community that we are today. Support Godinterest from as little as $1 – it only takes a minute. If you can, please consider supporting us with a regular amount each month. Thank you.
5 replies on “What Does ‘True Beauty’ Mean to You?”
â€œPrayer beautifies you” Ã¢â‚¬â€¢ TemitOpe Ibrahim is such a deep quote. We often look to people’s word of affirmation to see our beauty, but this quote reminds me that beauty is found in God’s word.
True beauty is the reflection of the glory of God on our countenances, in our character, and through our lives, as God transforms us through fellowship with Him in His Word and in prayer. (II Corinthians 3:18) It’s a process that God wants to continually unfold before the world through our lives until we see Him face-to-face.
Thanks. Today , the transforming power of God’s grace will lift you to a higher place with ease. Your mountains will disappear . The obstacle blocking the flow of your life will also vanish . The Lord will keep your mind at rest and lead you to the Rock that is higher than you . You will find peace in His abiding shelter in Jesus Name. Good morning and stay blessed