During this past week, hurricane Dorian has destroyed the island of Bahamas killing more than 50 people. It has been the worst storm to ever hit the island. Many are homeless, some are starving and hundreds are missing. What do you do when the storms of life seem to be raging against you? One time Jesus was with His disciples in a boat out on the sea of Galilee, when they encountered a great storm.
Christ’s disciples were very afraid and were losing hope, but Jesus on the other hand, was asleep in the back of the boat. When the disciples woke Him up to see if He could help them, Jesus got up and simply spoke to the storm, “peace, be still!” And the seas were calm again. When difficult times come, you don’t have to be overwhelmed by the waves of worry or fear. Just as Jesus stood up and spoke to the storm, you have power in your words too. As a believer, the Bible tells us that the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwells in you.
Today, speak to your storm with authority. God’s miracle-working power is on the inside of you. He’s given you His authority to declare peace over your home, over your mind, and over your family. Throw unnecessary negatives overboard lest you sink. Remember, no matter what storms may come against you, greater is He that lives on the inside of you, and He’ll empower you to live in victory and peace in every area of your life! Hallelujah!
“Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, ‘peace, be still!’ And the wind ceased and there was a great calm.”(Mark 4:39, NKJV)
Pray With Me
Yahweh, thank You for filling me with Your Holy Spirit, and for giving me Your authority to rebuke the storms in my life. Father, show me what negatives must go in my life that may cause me to sink in the storm. God, I declare Your peace over every area of my life, and thank You for working things out for my good, so I won’t be devoured by life’s storms, in Jesus’ Name! Amen.
Surprising fact: Dorian is the second Category 5 hurricane to make landfall in the Bahamas since 1983, which is the same year the international hurricane database was launched.
Moving at a pace of 1 mph, Hurricane Dorian is slower than an adult’s walking pace? – and because of a scientific phenomena, these slow mega-storms, hurricanes that are economically devastating could over time become our new normal.
- As of 4 a.m. EST Tuesday, Hurricane Dorian had remained over the Bahamas for over 24 hours, and in that time five people have died and the Red Cross estimated at least 13,000 houses have been destroyed or severely damaged.
- Dorian is moving so slowly because a high pressure atmospheric system (called the Bermuda High) kept it hovering over the Bahamas before dissolving, leaving it at a standstill.
- The National Hurricane Center predicts a new, low pressure system will start moving Dorian northward Tuesday.
- According to the Wall Street Journal, damaged Bahamian homes may not be covered by insurance. Just $5 billion of the $32 billion caused by the 2017 hurricane season was covered by insurance.
- Climate change is helping to create even more powerful and destructive storms. NPR reported that the Earth’s warming oceans make hurricanes even more intense, creating a trend that’s unlikely to reverse anytime soon.
Godinterest designs are edgy, contemporary, and made of high-quality soft fabrics. Consider it to be evangelism on the move with each piece boldly proclaiming the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ to the world. We are confident that you will experience a comfortable fit and that the designs we create are on trend. Enjoy Godinterest clothing and accessories that are very affordable as well as being a HostRooster exclusive brand!
… we have a small favour to ask. It is our mission to resource the world with relevant, practical, timely, and helpful content focused on fashion, technology, creativity, and faith. With a small blog that started in September of 2008, we’ve grown, changed, evolved, and become the community that we are today. Support Godinterest from as little as $1 – it only takes a minute. If you can, please consider supporting us with a regular amount each month. Thank you.
One reply on “Hurricane Dorian, Peace, Be Still!”
This is so true. We need to step in the place of authority God has provided for us as His children. He has good plans for us. Jeremiah 29:11